- Best 23 Gauge Pin Nailer Comparison
- Best 23 Gauge Pin Nailer Reviews
- Ultimate Guide
- Types of Pin Nailers
- How to Use the 23 Gauge Pin Nailer
- Factors to look for while buying a right pin nailer
Have you ever wondered about the best 23 gauge pin nailer to buy? Most carpenters often get confused about the best to select, bearing in mind that there are several of them in the market.
There is, therefore, a need to carry out extensive research and read on reviews from different buyers who have used each one of them in the past. This does not have to be a cracking head assignment.
What matters most is the type of a job that on wishes to use it while in the workshop. A 23 gauge pin nailer is a really handy tool that can be used to manage delicate materials effectively.
In case you are engaged with a whole lot of delicate materials to drill holes without damaging them, then you are in the right place to get the best. They effectively do the thinnest trims of wood, and their functionality cannot be compared with other tools.
The primary use of the pin nailers is to help in driving the longest nails to the wooden material no matter how hard or soft. Its functionality is made in such a way that it’s able to hold the pressure depending on the material type. A compressor is used to fire the nail gun at the point of need, for instance, setting it at 90 psi to give it enough power to push the nails to the required depth.
If you are looking for the best 23 gauge pin nailer for making money or for hobby work, you are in the right place.
We have researched several models and come up with the best that are out in the market.
Besides, we have also researched their benefits, pros and cons, and their uses. This will give an overview of what one would require and jump for it for a thorough and articulate job.
Best 23 Gauge Pin Nailer Comparison
|BOSTITCH HP118K||4.8 / 5||Check Price|
|Metabo HPT NP35A||4.7 / 5||Check Price|
|Grex P635||4.6 / 5||Check Price|
|Arrow Fastener PT23G||4.5 / 5||Check Price|
|Freeman PP123||4.4 / 5||Check Price|
Best 23 Gauge Pin Nailer Reviews
1. BOSTITCH HP118K 23-Gauge Pin Nailer
BOSTITCH HP118K is one of the best 23 gauge pin nailers. It comes with a variety of options to allow one to perfect the project comfortably and conveniently. Its low profile nose gives leeway to nailing tough spaces due to its pin length of 1/2” – 1-3/16”.
Its adjustable power switch gives credibility in saving the life span of the battery. Besides, it comes with a seven-year limited warranty.
A BOSTITCH HP118K 23-Gauge pin nailer comes along with 1/4” air fitting, 500 each of 1/2” pins, 3/4” pins, 1” pins a tool lubricant and a carrying case.
- It weighs 2.3lbs
- Holds a nail size of 1/2” – 1-3/16”
- It’s able to accommodate a PSI of between 70-120
- The dimensions are 7.81” x 9.06” x 1.6”
- Depth Control: Bostitch HP118K is best suited when one is using delicate materials. they can break if another different size is used. It thus enables us to save time and control any damage that may occur as a result of making larger holes than expected. This enables a carpenter to have a one-time finished product that does not need some adjustments.
- Gluing will not be necessary to seal any unexpected wholes, thus saving on the cost of materials.
- Release Jam: the nose plate is made in such a way that it’s removable. This enhances clearing jam faster.
- An adjustable power switch: having an adjustable power switch will play a critical role in the battery. This is by preventing it from breaking down quickly, hence saving on its life.
- Oil and carrying case: this makes it secure enough while moving around with it to prevent any dangers.
- Driving power: its driving force of approximately 60 in/lbs. It is sufficient enough to operate in the nails to the required length.
- Nail length: offers quite a recommendable capacity of a nail length of 1/2” – 1-3/16”
- Convenient while using the tool: the reversible belt hook works to the advantage of the user.
- It offers convenience and a reliable working atmosphere.
- High performance: with the PSI, which is between 70-120 couplings,it becomes comfortable.
- Can easily jam while working
2. Metabo HPT NP35A Pin Nailer
Metabo HPT NP35A Pin Nailer is a Hitachi model type of a pin nailer and happens to be one of the best brands around the world. It’s one of the tools that can produce close to invisible holes.
Besides its lightweight nature, with a large holding capacity and less downtime cannot go unmentioned. What of the debris? No one likes working in an area prone to infection. Metabo HPT NP35A has a rear exhaust that drives away any waste emitted while working, and the user cannot get into contact with them.
A 5-year warranty is worthy of mention at any given time. This is a prove of extended-lasting capability and functionality without challenges.
It’s used in several projects, which include paneling cabinets, small molding and trim, picture frames assembly, and a variety of many more. Floor decent finishes, you cannot go without trying Metabo HPT NP35A
- Lightweight of 2lbs
- PSI of between 65-100
- Nail Size is 5/8”-1-3/8”.
- Large fastener capacity: this enables the user to have fewer reload amounting to less downtime.
- Rear Exhaust: it allows pushing away any debris that forms while working, giving a safe environment to the user.
- The Depth adjustment: its magazine automatically adjusts itself to 5/8″, 1″, 1-3/16″ and 1-3/8″. This is a unique advantage since one can use it for several projects.
- Reload indicator: this shows when a reload required such that there will be a smooth running and avoid dry nail firing.
- Its removable nose plate helps in jam clearance.
- The dual trigger allows safety and accuracy when it comes to placing the fasteners.
If you desire to buy a pin nailer, then this is one of the highly rated in the reviews, which suggests it’s nothing but the best.
- Easy to use
- Compact and comfortable to hold
- Safety glasses for protection and a hex bar wrench, which makes it easy when it comes to portability.
- The depth gauge is not consistent
- Do not have an option for headed pins. Only headless pins work with Metabo
3. Grex P635 23 Gauge Headless Pinner
This is another powerful and award winning tool to consider buying for detailed finishes when it comes to woodworking. Its competent features are something a carpenter cannot afford to miss.
For one, this pin nailer gives one a chance over control and flexibility while operating. The end product is but amazing.
- Its compact and lightweight size ensures that one can work comfortably no matter the amount of work is expected.
- Besides, with the size of thin nails its able to uses, it leaves no chance for any visible holes.
- On the other hand, it is an excellent product when it comes to the assembly of frames.
- Flexibility and power capability. It does not matter whether it’s in a construction site or home improvement.
- Another factor is its safety: it enhances the prevention of any accidental damage. This is because of the double safety trigger.
- Did we mention about the warranty? Grex power tools offer a full one year warranty. This helps to build more confidence with it while working.
- Its dimensions are 11.2” x 12.9” x 3”.
- Weights 2.21lbs
- Its PSI is 60-100
- Nail size: 3/8” – 1-3/8”
- A wide range of acceptance of fasteners: it can accept fasteners from 3/8″ to 1-3/8″
- Has an industrial Strength motor that aids to penetrate fasteners fast even in hardwood.
- Its built-in silencer helps to reduce the noise.
- Belt hook: helps to reduce the noise.
- Its narrow nose helps to reach to the tight corners for efficient end products.
- Has high power performance.
- It is accompanied with a no-mar tip to provide a clean and safe working environment.
- One will always get a safe and clean end product.
- Compact and lightweight for comfort.
- Reliable and long lasting
- Safety features
- Ergonomic design
- A high cost of purchase especially for a hobbyist.
- Has a short warranty
- Does not have the option for depth adjustment.
4. Arrow Fastener PT23G Pin Nailer
Arrow Fastener PT23G is another unbeatable nailer that you cannot beat it for price. It best suits a hobbyist who is out there to do some dollhouses and such kind of easy home improvement projects. Its unique headless pins are not noticeable once a painting is done and you cannot go wrong with this kind of a pin nailer.
- Dimensions: 8.2”x2”x10”
- Weight: 2.8 pounds
- Has a lightweight and compact design
- Has an over-molded grip
- Adjustable exhaust cover.
- Has compressor of up to 120psi.
- Easy to load the magazine.
- Lightweight and compact design.
- Great for trim jobs.
- Cheap and affordable.
- Ideal for light trim Crafts.
- Offer limited holding strength
5. Freeman PP123 Pneumatic 23-Gauge Pin Nailer
Are you searching for a pin nailer that will meet your house and some craft projects? You do not need to research any further. Freeman PP123 Pneumatic 23-Gauge 1” is a great choice that is designed in a way that no traces of nails are visible with a human eye.
The only limitation is that it only accommodates 1/2″ – 1″ pins.
It may not be sufficient enough for high-end products, and as such, the fasteners are limited too.
- Size: its 23 Gauge 1” pinner
- Material: made of aluminum body
- Air powered
- Warranty: has a warranty of 7 years.
- It has a dual trigger feature that enhances maximum control on the machine during usage.
- The 170magazine capacity helps to reduce reloading time.
- The handle is made of rubber, which offers comfort when working on rough surfaces.
- The reloads indicator allows one to know when reloads are required.
- With the self-adjustable magazine, it’s able to recognize when fasteners size requires adjustments. It automatically adjusts as needed for the project.
- Durable and convenient: The materials used to manufacture the tool are durable. They also comply with the regulations required for the manufacture of such.
- Easy to use
- Safe while using them too.
- Limited to use 1” – 11/2” gauge
The best pin nailers can make one’s work extremely easy and enjoyable while in the workshop. These are power tools that resemble brad nailers, but they are more precise and accurate. The 23 gauge pin is among the many tools that a carpenter cannot miss to have in the workshop. This is because of the accuracy they have and especially for those experienced users who wish to get ideal results.
Besides, they work perfectly in joining two pieces of wood that may look delicate together rather than using glue. Glue in many cases may not be a long lasting solution.
They can be either electric powered or manually powered by an air compressor. Whichever way, pin nailer gins work well which it comes to the ergonomics of power, and the quality of work is not regrettable.
Since the pins do not have heads, once fixed, they are almost invisible and especially when the surface is treated or painted.
To get the best pin nailer that works in the right manner for the work required, there is a need to know and understand the key benefits of a 23 gauge pin nailer. These are outlined here below.
One of the main advantages of a pin nailer is the high accuracy level. While one can miss the actual place to fix a nail while using manual methods, a pin nailer will never miss the target. It ensures that the nail will be precisely set in the right place without any mess.
In the same case, the quality of work is admirable, and if one is business, the business deals will only raise, including referrals for a job well done.
A quick way of fixing the nails
Experienced artisans will not only be accurate, but the speed is one of its own. Manual nailing can take ages to complete a job that is completed I less than ten minutes while using a pin nailer.
The only thing requires to line up the wood accurately and start nailing the guns.
You will not only save time but enjoy working on a project that would otherwise have been a bother to manual nailing
Enhances safety on your hands
Any time one is driving nails manually, there is a need to hold pins accurately as you watch your hands to prevent. Still, the chances of injuring the hands are very high.
This is contrary to using the pin nailer.
It is less risky so long as one has followed the safety precautions that come along with the instructions manual.
It has more power
The pressure used to drive in a nail is strong enough to be done with only one hit of a nail gun.
While using the manual method, one is prone to keep on hitting several times without a guaranteed accuracy to the gun at the required level.
One does not have to carry nails
Carrying nails and moving with them around can be a gruesome task. With a 23 gauge pin nailer, the only thing one may find taxing is carrying a hose and a compressor to aid in getting the job done faster. Otherwise, the tool case will be much lighter and well organized while working in and outside of the workshop.
Whether roofing, working on a home improvement project, framing, or any other duty, a 23 gauge pin nailer will perform the tasks efficiently and quickly.
In most cases, the craftsman aims to complete one project, sell off the finished products, and move to another as fast as possible.
With a pin nailer, you stand rest assured that all will be well and especially when you know that your safety is in place.
The fingers will not be hurt as often as it happens for manual nailing with a hammer.
Types of Pin Nailers
They are basically two types:
- Pneumatic: these are controlled by an air compressor. With this in mind always ensure that there is enough pressure to give the tool enough energy to operate.
- Electrical: these are nailers operated using batteries. They happen to be more powerful and the beauty is that one can operate anywhere so long as there is power.
When thinking about the use of a pin nailer, it’s paramount to remember that this is a daily must-use tool for a craftsman.
In such a case, there is a need to ensure that they are well maintained for optimal performance. Below is a reference guide over how one can do the maintenance and keep a long lasting effect.
Ensure the feed system is clean
The feed system needs to be cleaned on a daily basis. A can of compressed air is used to blow any debris and dust that could be stuck.
Afterward, use a dry piece of cloth to clear any other dirt. Also, ensure that the piece of material does not have any pieces of fabric wearing out. This will ensure that there is no jam in the feed system.
Use Air Tool Oil
A few drops are recommended before using the pin nailer. This ensures that the moving parts are in good working condition at all times. This works well, especially for Hitachi nail guns. The pin nailer will remain well lubricated for optimal performance.
Keep the air fitting well lubricated
In as much it’s essential to keep the pin nailer lubricated, the air fitting needs to be well lubricated too
This is to enhance the free movement of the rings while in motion. 4-5 drops are sufficient enough daily.
Maintain the battery for cordless nailers
For those cordless nailers, it is essential to keep checking on the expiry date to ensure that the battery remains well charged.
Otherwise, if not well charged, the capacity will go low, and less performance will be experienced.
Maintenance can be done weekly, monthly, depending on the usage.
For daily maintenance, oil any moving parts, lubricate the air fitting and clean the feed system. In the case of monthly maintenance, confirm that screws and bolts are tightened. Take caution on any loose bolts and screws because a pin nailer can be very dangerous and may cause a lock or the screw to break off and end up losing control. This may end up hurting someone. Therefore, ensure that the bolts remain tight at all times.
How to Use the 23 Gauge Pin Nailer
Worried about using the pin nailer? Not at all. It does not need an expert to use it, all is required is:
- Read the User manual: For any tool, there is a need to read and understand the instructions manual before operating it. This should also be applied to pin nailer 23 gauge. The manual is available on the purchase, or one can still download from the web should you miss the hard copy.
- Use the right nail sizes: For effective performance, use the recommended nail sizes to prevent the tool from jamming. This also depends on the type of pin nailer one is using since the high-end models are capable of handling a different size of fasteners.
- Lubricate the tool: This is to enable it to move the rings and avoid any rusts that may form, shortening its life span.
- Ensure the magazine is loaded with the required number of fasteners: This is done by opening the magazine and putting in the pins. After that, the magazine is closed and locked tightly for optimal performance.
Watch this video for more info
Factors to look for while buying a right pin nailer
- Ensure that a pin nailer has an allowance to accommodate for different thicknesses. It will be possible to adjust accordingly.
- Fastener length: the length should accommodate several variety lengths. The minimum period is 1/2″ while the maximum can hold up to 2.”
- The rear exhaust should be adjustable or face the opposite direction from the user.
Having said all these, it’s upon the buyer to carry out extensive research and choose the best 23 gauge pin nailer as per the needs. If you are not sure about the one to choose, be assured that the mentioned will go a long way.