- Top 5 Best 30 Gallon Air Compressors Comparison
- Top 5 Best 30 Gallon Air Compressors Reviews
Is an energy-efficient, quiet, and compact air compressor the machine you’re looking for? If yes, then you have come to the right place. Today, I bring you the best 30 gallon air compressor out there that money can buy.
In addition, all models I review today are versatile. This implies that you can use them for your home, or large industrial job application. If you’re a small contractor, rest assured they’ll serve your needs perfectly as well.
I’ll also review both capacious and compact models. This will allow you some freedom to choose the one that meets your needs and personal preference. But before we start looking at the best 30-gallon air compressors, here is an article on “how to choose the best air compressor” I would like you to check it out.
It details all the factors you need to look for in an air compressor. The products I have reviewed today will fit different people with different needs. And to know which one would fit you perfectly, you first need to understand everything about how they operate.
In addition, in case you would also like to look at other air compressors, I have just the posts for you. Here are articles on:
They’ll give you more choices to pick from.
Having said that, let us skip to the main section of the post and look at the best 30-gallon compressors.
Top 5 Best 30 Gallon Air Compressors Comparison
|Industrial Air ILA188354||4.7 / 5||Check Price|
|DEWALT DXCM271.COM||4.6 / 5||Check Price|
|NorthStar GX390||4.5 / 5||Check Price|
|Campbell Hausfeld VT6271||4.4 / 5||Check Price|
|Ingersoll-Rand SS3F2-GM||4.3 / 5||Check Price|
Top 5 Best 30 Gallon Air Compressors Reviews
1. Industrial Air ILA188354 Air Compressor
The first appliance on our enumeration is the Industrial Air ILA1883054. This tool retails with all the necessary supplies you would need to meet your requirements. Better yet, the tool’s high-performance motor can deliver up to 155 psi of maximum pressure and 7 CFM at 40 psi & 5.7 CFM at 90 psi.
There is another astounding fact about the motor. It is wired for 120V current. But if you wish, you can convert it to also work with 240V.
The twin-cylinder oil-free system also makes this air compressor very efficient. And being designed using cast iron, the cylinder is also fairly long-lasting. The oil-less operation feature will permit you to use the appliance in tasks that need clean air. Such as painting.
See more: Oil vs Oilless Air Compressor
Industrial Air ILA1883054 is also highly portable. And we can attribute this feature to the tool’s pre-attached pneumatic tires. This means that you do not need to worry about lifting the 190 lbs air compressor.
Another feature worth noting is the fact the 30-gallon tank is pretty sufficient. Even if you need it for demanding and continuous applications, it will do the trick.
Are you also worried about quality and safety? Worry no more. This 30-gallon air compressor is UL- and CSA- certified and it also retails with multiple safety features.
Finally, the product is also covered by a 2-year warranty. Which means, if you notice any faults within this time, you can simply take it back to Industrial Air. They’ll either fix it for you for free or replace it altogether.
- Retails with a 2-year warranty
- It’s UL- and CSA- certified
- Boasts a portable design that allows you to move it around
- Includes a dual voltage feature
- Powerful and efficient motor
- Comes with the Oil-free twin cylinder pump system
- Several buyers have reported the auto shut-off doesn’t work properly sometimes
- Electrical cord not included
2. DEWALT DXCM271.COM Portable Air Compressor
DeWalt needs no introduction in the market. They are one of the best all around the world. DeWalt is an American firm that has specialized in different areas. Including, designing hand tools, power tools, and air compressors for all industrial purposes.
So, are you looking to reduce your labor and get an air compressor that works a little bit longer? Then this is the perfect 30-gallon air compressor for you. DeWalt DXCm271.COM provides more than 80% more air tool run time compared to any other 200 PSI air compressor. It is also a compact choice that will save on space.
Furthermore, the tool is oil-free. Which implies that you should not worry about noise or regular maintenance. As a matter of fact, with its decibel level of 78, it is more than 30 percent quieter compared to other oil-free air compressors.
DeWalt’s outstanding expertise in the realm of air compressors is a clear portrayal of why you ought to pick the product. All their tools work distinctively and with utter perfection. They never disappoint their clients, and this 30-gallon air compressor is no different.
- It is 30 percent quieter compared to other oil-free products in this enumeration
- The motor start fast and easily as it boasts a low voltage start
- Delivers an outstanding 200 PSI
- To deliver the best performance, the tool boasts couplers and high flow regulators
- Comes with an oil-free system
- Does not need oil separators to operate
- A bit expensive for some individuals
- It cannot be wired up to run on a 240 Volt circuit
3. NorthStar GX390 Air Compressor
This list would be incomplete without the NorthStar GX390 Air Compressor. For starters, the unit is belt driven and it also retails with a 2 stage pump that has been manufactured from cast iron. Do you execute considerably heavy-duty jobs from time to time? If yes, then this is the highly recommended heavy-duty air compressor you should get right away.
The unit also boasts a 30-gallon air compressor that the company has positioned in a horizontal manner in order to enhance its capacity.
There are other modifications that NorthStar included in this Unit in order to keep it cool and further enhance its performance. These modifications include:
- Piston wrist pins to provide a higher pressure
- An overlapping piston ring in order to maximize compression
- The inclusion of an oversized flywheel
The bottom line is, NorthStar GX390 Air Compressor is a suitable and great appliance for all your heavy-duty needs.
- Comes with a long warranty that assures you the company believes in this product
- Designed from cast iron which improves durability
- Delivers 175 PSI which is pretty amazing
- Long lasting
- User-friendly as it is easy to operate
- Quite too heavy to lift off the ground
- Expensive for most individuals
4. Campbell Hausfeld VT6271 Air Compressor
Campbell Hausfeld VT6271 Air compressor will handle almost all tasks you would need to be done using air tools. We can attribute this feature to the appliance’s airflow of 10.2 CFM @ 90PSI and the 30-gallon tank it retails with.
However, that outstanding performance comes at a price. Because the unit is quite too heavy at 182 pounds. Lifting it off the ground will be a hassle.
The belt pump is also designed for heavy-duty use. And the unit itself has been rated for 5000 hours of life.
All Campbell Hausfeld 30 gallon air compressors are made in the United States. which is the first sign of excellence and quality. Furthermore, the products retail with a 3-year warranty. This means that the first 3 years after you acquire the product, you can rest assured the company will fix any faults you notice on the unit.
Customer rating of the Campbel Hausfeld VT6271 on retail sites are also quite impressive. It’s clear that individuals who acquired this product in the past are the happiest and they do not regret a thing. The only complaint I heard was mostly about parts that were damaged during shipping. But I presume those were replaced as well.
- Boasts mostly positive reviews from previous customers on retail sites
- Comes with easy to read gauges
- Delivers up to 150 PSI
- Includes an oil-free motor
- Durable than most products in its price range
- Relatively weak compared to the other units in this list
- Not compatible with the 240V circuit
5. Ingersoll-Rand SS3F2-GM Compressor
Ingersoll-Rand SS3F2-GM is a high capacity air compressor. And thanks to its portable nature, you can move it from one place to another. Which further implies you are less restricted on your work movements or from where you can work from.
If you tend to move around a lot, then I urge you to consider this unit. Ingersoll-Rand SS3F2-GM is also very quiet. Which also makes it suitable for your home workplace or quiet working environments.
The appliance is electric, so you’ll need to have a reachable and reliable power supply to operate it.
The Ingersoll-Rand SS3F2-GM is also very easy to operate, can deliver up to 135 PSI capacity, and boasts an oil-free engine. You can never go wrong with this appliance.
- Pretty affordable given its features
- It’s electric so you can use it almost anywhere
- Designed using cast iron which makes it durable
- Quiet, making it suitable for any quiet environments
- Portable so you can move it around
- Takes up too much space
- A bit too heavy to lift off of the ground
Hopefully, my review has helped you find the best 30-gallon air compressor that will meet your needs. If you were not satisfied with the models above, do not hesitate to take a look at the two other posts I recommended above. You never know, what you desire could be in there.