- Top 5 Best Battery Chainsaws Comparison
- Top 5 Best Battery Chainsaws Reviews
- Why there is a need to understand the battery powered Chainsaw
- Features to look for in a best battery chainsaw
- Safety Tips that go hand in hand with battery powered chainsaw
Battery-powered chainsaws are lightweight and portable compared to gas and electric chainsaw. This is the type of chainsaw which is mostly used for home use and is not suitable for professional use. They are ideally suited to prune trees and make trims in your garden. They have less power and speed compared to the corded counterparts. You can use them for small and light jobs. They do not cause pollution and are clean and safe to use.
Besides the capability to prototype power tool bodies, the battery operated saws are more fantastic.
This is in terms of producing amazing end products.
Have a look at our top five Best Battery Chain saws, as described below.
Top 5 Best Battery Chainsaws Comparison
|DEWALT DCCS620P1||4.7 / 5|
|Greenworks 20312||4.8 / 5|
|BLACK+DECKER LCS1240||4.6 / 5|
|Makita XCU03PT1||4.5 / 5|
|WORX WG320||4.4 / 5|
Top 5 Best Battery Chainsaws Reviews
1. DEWALT DCCS620P1 Cordless Chainsaw Kit
Our list of battery operated chainsaws starts with DEWALT DCCS620P1 20V MAX Lithium-Ion XR Brushless Compact 12 in. Cordless Chainsaw Kit (5AH).
This is one of the high end efficient saws with a 20V brushless motor to enable it to run for an extended period. Equipped with an auto oiling system, it allows the saw chain and guide bar to remain lubricated at all times.
With an oil level indicator, the operator can know when to add more oil, which should be around 25% less.
Ensure that any time the oil is refilled; the battery is first removed from the chainsaw and then refill.
For optimal performance, drain the oil tank as soon as the cutting task is through. Always ensure that the correct type of oil is used for several applications.
For instance, when cutting wood, it’s recommended to use a vegetable-based oil as opposed to mineral oil since mineral oil may damage the tree.
- When well managed, a powerful motor speed of operation goes to up to 25.2ft/s.
- It is suitable for standards gardening cleanups.
- Its battery is strong enough to run for 45 minutes continuously before the next charge.
- It’s lightweight and comfortable to use such than one can use it one-handed.
- Capable of adjusting the chain tension with ease.
- A powerful and quit machine-able to handle 5 – 6 inch branches without straining.
- For more significant cuttings, it will not be strong enough to manage the power required. One will have to get a 60V one.
- The oil cap can be a challenge to unscrew wasting a lot of time.
- The oil leaks during storage: Must have a particular storage area to prevent spillage to other tools.
2. Greenworks Cordless Chainsaw 20312
Aimed to become a rival in the gas model, Greenworks is used by those technicians who are familiar with the standard chainsaws. If you are a reliable all-rounder when it comes to technical jobs, then this saw is for you.
Greenworks 16-Inch 40V Cordless Chainsaw battery is strong enough to run for hours.
This is especially so for the homeowners who wish to work for long hours during significant constructions.
It can provide at least 75 cuts in one charge, and as such, one will need to take a break not because the charge is over.
However one can rejuvenate as you look forward to finishing the job.
It is simple to use without much noise neither vibration experienced in electrical saws.
Most of the work that it endures at ease includes:
- Felling young trees
- Normal trimming of trees around the home
- Cutting firewood for homeowners, and does not need much energy to operate.
- A brushless motor that provides a long run time while operating. It delivers 30% more torque during its optimal performance
- The vibration is 70% less compared to other chain saws, which gives the person operating it comfort.
- Has a chain brake and a low kickback. This enhances more safety while operating it.
- The warranty: The original purchaser gets a four-year warranty for maintenance and parts.
- Longer run time with the available power.
- It’s an upgraded motor design which translates to less noise and reduced vibration of 70%.
- Simple to use such that even a beginner will be comfortable operating the Chain saw.
- The Greenworks 16-inch Chain battery saw is interchangeable with all Greenworks 40V GMAX machines. You cannot stop working if you have a different charger of the Greenworks series.
- It cannot bear too much overload.
- Has a limited battery life.
3. BLACK+DECKER Cordless Chainsaw LCS1240
The name Black+Decker sounds like one of the unique kitchen appliances that are available in any exclusive kitchen. But for now, we are going to discuss the Black +Decker 40V Max Cordless Chainsaw.
It features lightweight designs that aid in portability and using it for a more extended period without getting tired.
The chain saw has a bar that gives smooth cuts. It also has a kick-back safe that aids in swift operations. Unlike the Greenworks chainsaws, Black+Decker has a battery of 40V whose charge can run twice as much. In a single charge, it can produce 60 cuts of four by four pieces of wood, which is relatively heavy.
The beauty is that one can see the battery level during operations and make a decision when the recharge is needed. However, since it takes a long time to recharge, the day’s work may come to a standstill.
As such, it’s recommendable to have a stand by the battery to support the smooth flow of operations.
The full wrap around the handle makes it comfortable while cutting from different angles. It’s suitable for cutting any fallen limbs and cutting branches around the home.
Besides, it has a warranty for two years against any defects in workmanship or materials used. Either of these defects will be repaired at no cost.
- Automatic oiling system with 12” premium bar and chain.
- Its battery lasts long with 40V
- Has a Tool-free chain tensioning. This allows for easy and quick chain adjustments.
- Automatic oiling.
- Comfortable handles.
- Gauge to check on oil levels and avoid draining the battery.
- Oil leakage during storage.
- Takes long to recharge the battery.
4. Makita XCU03PT1 Brushless Cordless ChainSaw
The nest is the Makita XCU03PT1 18V X2 Battery chainsaw, which is best suited for the homeowners and landscape gardeners.
It has gained demand overtime by the landscapers who prefer it more than the gas-powered saws. One of the main reasons for its demand includes the expanding of cordless OPE, Brushless chainsaw kit model XCU03PT1.
It has less maintenance, zero-emission, and less noise.
The chain saw also has a guide bar, including a Makita built-in motor, which has a variable speed of 0 – 3,940 FPM that aid in increasing the cutting speed.
Since there is no engine oil to change neither spark plug to keep replacing, it maintains cleanliness at most times. Besides, its convenient while storing since there is no oil leakage such as the Greenworks series.
- It has a tool-less chain adjustment. This gives way for convenience during operations and easy maintenance.
- Has a variable speed trigger of 0 – 3, 940 FPM that increases the cutting speed.
- The Built-in L.E.D as an automatic power-off function that detects a delayed operation and switches off. This extends the battery life automatically.
- Its Makita-built outer rotor brushless motor enables and provides improved power efficiency.
- This is double the speed of a gas chain saw of about 3.2cc.
- Provides a warranty of one year for Makita Lithium-ion Battery.
- It also three years for exclusive maintenance for materials and service if there was no attempt to repair or replace parts by oneself.
- It has a battery level indicator.
- Low maintenance.
- Variable speed trigger.
- It also has an automatic oiler system.
- Power switch not friendly to most users and can be disgusting.
- It has a limited battery life.
5. WORX WG320 JawSaw Cordless Electric Chainsaw
Last but not least, in our review is the WORX WG320 JawSaw, which is a great saw that deserves your attention. Built with an advanced technology from WORX, the WG320 is meant to perform clean and fast cuts.
It is as easy as going mobile due to its lightweight, portable, and provides safety while at work. Operating on the pavement is no longer a challenge since the jaw saw can work from any place.
This adds flexibility to the user, and issues of getting fatigued so fast in the first instance are minimized.
What’s more, it’s able to cut the tree branches that could hardly be reached using a blade because of the extension pole.
The availability of the automatic tension gives the operator an easy time while adjusting the chain, and as such, the cuts look smoot.
Still, its automatic oiling system is an added advantage because the bar and the chain remain lubricated always. This extends the battery life since there is no back and forth issue of breakdowns.
Another fantastic factor to pay attention to is that the battery accommodates other power tools.
One can save money rather than buying another one while you have tools from the same manufacturer.
Its handle is also designed in such a way that the user will be comfortable holding and operating it for an extended period without getting tired.
- The WORX WG320 JawSaw has a weight of 6.19 pounds that makes it easy to carry along while making any productions.
- Other tools can share the battery of 20V and from WORX.
- Its dimension range is 25 x 7.5 x 9.5 inches and a bar length of 10 inches.
- 3 Year warranty subject to the conditions offered by Worx.
- It has a comfortable handle that reduces fatigue.
- Easy to use, portable and lightweight.
- An automatic oiling system that extends its lifespan.
- Easy to tension the chain.
- Ability to share the battery with other tools from Worx.
- The chain loosens frequently and may not be comfortable to the operator.
Why there is a need to understand the battery powered Chainsaw
Chainsaws occupy the better part of a carpenter, a homeowner, a landscaper, and even a hobbyist. This calls for one to be able to know how to operate them with ease.
Overtime battery operated chain saws have gained popularity because they are less noisier, easy to use and much cleaner.
It’s, therefore, essential to get to know which model is a priority for the buyer.
Most times, buyers are faced with challenges of the best to buy, but it all depends on the budget, the functions, and maintenance of the same.
Before making any purchase, it’s crucial to check on the reviews of the previous users. They will give an overview of what is best as per their experience.
But most of all there are several reasons as to why one should use these products as opposed to others
- They are portable and lightweight: Being cordless outweighs the electric saws, and one can move from one area to another.
- Ease of maintenance: It’s easy to maintain these products since one does not have to change the plugs like it is for electrical saws.
- Less noise and safer during operation: Unlike gas operated saws, battery operated saws do not pollute the environment. They have zero emissions. As soon as the saw is triggered, little or no noise is experienced.
Features to look for in a best battery chainsaw
Check the battery capacity before buying a chainsaw. If it has a capacity of 100amp it runs for 100 hours on a single charge. The metric of the battery describes the durability and the hours of use when you choose the battery of higher voltage.
When you choose a battery you must ensure that you are not overcharging it as it can be dangerous. You can estimate the terminal voltage depending on the voltage mentioned on the battery. This lets you know how when to terminal charging the battery.
2. Guide Bar Length
You must know which type of bar length to choose. It comes in two types, cutting length and overall bar length. No matter which specification or the model you choose, this is a feature to look for. Bar length and cutting length are two different parameters. Cutting length is the primary parameter you need to know to determine the bar length which can be calculated to know the full length needs to be cut.
Cordless chainsaws which are battery operated generate less noise and vibration. They can be used to cut hardwood as well but are not as powerful as the corded saw to cut at a depth inside the lumber. Most of the models come with an anti-vibration handle which makes it easy for you to cut through soft as well as hardwood.
4. Size and performance
The performance of the chainsaw depends on the size of the tool. A small size chainsaw with a higher battery ranges a cut quickly through the medium depth of trees and branches. They are faster and easier to cut through with fewer efforts.
5. Easy to use
These types of chainsaws are easy to use. You can carry them anywhere and they are easy to maintain. No matter what size of cordless chainsaw you use, you must always wear the safety gear. A small size chainsaw can cause injuries if you do not wear the safety gear.
6. Number of cuts
The number of cuts per charge depends on the battery and voltage of the chainsaw. Within a single charge, a chainsaw could make 90 cuts. You can look at the metric which specifies the number of cuts per watt-hour they make in a single charge.
There are many budgeted options when it comes to choosing the best battery chainsaw. You can navigate through various features and specifications before buying one. There are many budgeted options which are designed with good features.
8. Type of motor
Cordless chainsaws have a brushless motor which increases the capacity of cutting and cost less. You can choose a brushed or brushless motor when buying a cordless chainsaw. They are easy to maintain and come and are efficient. The brushless motor is more efficient than the brushed motor in a cordless chainsaw.
9. Position of the handle
Cordless chainsaws with rear handles are ideally suitable for groundwork and the one with a front handle for cutting trees and branches. You can choose the one with the handle position depending on the work you want to use the saw for.
10. Choosing the right protective gear
A chainsaw of any size can cause injuries. You need proper safety gear for legs, hands, and head before you use this tool. Wear gloves, a protective helmet, and a leg protector to prevent injuries and sawdust and splinters from entering your skin. You must also wear glasses to protect your eyes from sawdust and chips entering your skin.
Safety Tips that go hand in hand with battery powered chainsaw
Every tool has its safety precautions while in operation or during storage.
Battery chainsaws are not an exception, and caution must be enhanced.
Below are some safety tips worth discussing while operating the saw.
- For durability, use the recommended oil as per the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Always ensure that the chain is well sharpened and properly tensioned.
- Do not wear loose clothes while at work.
- Shield your legs with chainsaw chaps to avoid cuts.
- Have steady boots on.
- Grip the handle filmy during the operations.
- Wear gloves while working.
- Ensure that the tank is emptied after every use.
- To prevent a kickback, avoid sawing with the tip of the bar and the chain.
- Shield your face with a helmet to avoid sawdust from getting into contact with the eyes.
- Wear ear protective devices to minimize the sound of the saw during operations. In as much as less noise is produced, it can still be disturbing to the user.
If you adhere to the above safety tips and others not mentioned here, be sure that your product will serve you for an extended period.
Therefore as you consider buying the best chain saws, find the above list. It’s not exhaustive, but these are among the best battery operated chain saws that are extremely portable and easy to use.
These are the features to look into when buying the best battery chainsaw. Choosing a chainsaw with a high voltage battery makes your life easy and lets your cut through variable depths of wood faster. You can use them for pruning your garden if you buy one with a small size.
And, If you are looking for different machines and tools then must visit Machinefanatic.com. Here you will get the best machines available in the market with their detailed, review, pros, cons & comparison.
You may also like: Best table saw under $500 reviews