The next appliance that makes its way into my list of the best hand planers is the DeWalt DW680K. The good news is, the brand DEWALT does not need an introduction. Better yet, its products retail with the promise of reliability and high quality.
The DeWalt DW680K retails with a 7 amp motor which delivers 15,000 rotations per minute. That is impressive even if you regularly work on heavy-duty projects. The adjustable carbide blades that retail with the DeWalt DW680K are also great. They’re exceptional when it comes to smoothing and re-sharpening battered frames and edges.
This masterpiece is easy to use. Its two finger trigger also decreases exhaustion caused by extended usage.
Pros and cons of DEWALT DW680K
- Retails with a reliable case you can use to carry the planer
- Can be conveniently utilized for heavy duty jobs or small house projects
- You can control the cutting depth using the knob
- It’s quite easy to set up and operate
- This product boasts features you expect to find on reputable brands
- Slightly on the expensive side
- Produces lots of shavings