- Why Venting a Portable AC is Important
- Best Tips for How to Vent A Portable Air Conditioner Without A Window
- Some Important Things You Should Know Along with Knowing How to Vent a Portable AC Without a Window
- Final Thoughts
If you are thinking about purchasing a portable air conditioner, then one important thing may come to your mind, and that is how to vent a portable air conditioner without a window.
Or, if you are thinking about buying a portable air conditioner, but you are not sure about which venting technique will be the best, then this article will help you out with the best tips and tricks of venting your portable air conditioner without a window.
In this content, I will be sharing the best ways of how to vent a portable air conditioner without a window, so if you are finding such an article that will help you vent your AC in the best proper way, then you are reading the right article.
Why Venting a Portable AC is Important
Venting a portable air-conditioner with a proper technique is so important because if you want your AC mechanism should work well, then you must vent the AC with a proper format. The main, as well as only one purpose of an air conditioner is releasing the heat from the air. So, you have to make a way that will help the AC to release the heat from the air through.
If you don’t vent your AC to pass the hot air outside, the hot air will remain the same in your room; even it will make your room hotter.
Another importance of venting air cooler is it releases moisture along with heat.
Best Tips for How to Vent A Portable Air Conditioner Without A Window
Although venting a portable air conditioner through a window is easier but the proper way of venting a portable air conditioner is venting without a window. It will help your AC work efficiently. There are many ways of venting a portable AC without a window. Among many ways of venting an air conditioner without using a window, here are the best 3 useful and easy ways of how to vent a portable air conditioner without a window.
1. Venting Through a Wall
Venting an air conditioner through a wall is a common, easy, and one of the best ways. This option seems to be preferred by most of the air conditioner users because this process works well to cool your room condition by passing hot air through.
To vent your portable air conditioner through a wall, follow the below steps.
- Mount your AC to a proper place.
- Choose a point in a wall that will accurately vent your AC.
- Bore a hole in the selected point of the wall to vent your portable AC.
- Make sure that you bore the wall properly that will keep the air conditioner unit’s exhaust hose out properly.
- After you complete the installation of venting your AC, cover the extra gaps of the hole in your wall by silicone caulk.
Warning: Don’t direct the vent to another room because it will hotter that room. But, if it is an emergency and there are no ways to avoid that, then make sure that this room has enough windows to pass the hot air outside.
2. Venting AC Through any Drop-Ceiling
Although venting any air conditioner through a wall is the best way, through drop-ceiling is also a good way when you don’t have any scope to vent through a wall. This technique also works well to pass the hot air outside. Venting through a drop ceiling requires a drop-ceiling into the venting area. To use this technique, follow the below process.
- Find the best point to make the hole to keep out the air conditioner hose through.
- Make sure that you bore the ceiling properly that will keep the air conditioner unit’s exhaust hose out properly.
- After you complete the installation of venting your AC, cover the circumstances of the hole in your ceiling by silicone caulk.
3. Venting Through any Dryer Vent
When it’s difficult for you to dig a hole through a wall or through a ceiling, then one of the best ways would be venting through a dryer vent. Many advisors won’t recommend this process, but when you don’t have any scope to vent through the above two methods, then why shouldn’t you try this?
The problem with this technique is because the dryer vent is the hole of the dryer vent is smaller in size in comparison to any AC’s unit hoses. So, it’s somewhat harder to complete that process.
But, if you can make sure that the hot air is not returning to your room, then it will work good to pass the hot air through. You can narrow the front of the air conditioner’s hose to adjust the diameter.
Some Important Things You Should Know Along with Knowing How to Vent a Portable AC Without a Window
- Some kind of air conditioners may create some sounds while working. So, you should ensure that the sound doesn’t disturb any others.
- Make your plan with an energy efficiency of the AC unit.
- Not all rooms or spaces are not accurate to set up a portable air conditioner. So choose the perfect one according to the situation.
- If you don’t have any scope to vent your air conditioner, then use an air conditioner without vent.
Although installing or venting an air conditioner through any window is an easy way but is not the proper way. It will cause many problems with using your window properly and will look odd. If you know how to vent a portable air conditioner without a window, then you will be able to set up everything yourself.
There are many ways to vent your AC without any window; you just need to choose the best plan for you. I hope this article will help you enough to vent your air conditioner without using any window. Still, if you face any problems, let us know through the comment section. We will try our best to help you fix your problem.