Price range is one of the main problems most people have when it comes to picking the best jointer planer. With this constraint in mind, I also decided to include one of the most affordable jointer planers out there; the Jet JJP-10BTOS.
The other most noticeable thing about this product is the ease with which you can quickly switch between the planer mode and jointer mode. You can easily do it under a minute.
In addition, the 116-Volt motor rotates the cutter head to deliver up to 18,000 cuts per minute. Since all the knives on the cutterhead work in tandem, they retain their sharpness for relatively long periods.
Pros and cons of JET JJP-10BTOS
- Comes with a telescopic blade guard
- Includes large ergonomic knobs
- Boasts 2 high-speed steel knives
- You can quickly adjust the height
- Deliver a consistently smooth finish
- Not the best choice for complex or large projects
- Requires lots of adjustments before you can use it