Makita LC1230 12″ boasts an astounding cutting capacity and best-in-class features. This tool can easily withstand any industrial, heavy duty tasks thrown at it. But most importantly, I realized it could also be used by amateurs without a worry. If you’re an amateur, you could learn the ropes by using the product for home repair applications like tubing and cutting pipe.
In addition to that, the unit is motorized by a reliable 15 AMP motor running on 120 volts. The motor also delivered a max cutting depth of 4.5 inches when used with a high-end compatible carbide-tipped blade. In regards to the blade, the maximum size accepted is 12 inches.
Just like DEWALT 12-inch DWS7800, safety is also part of the picture with this Makita LC1230 12″. This metal chop saw retails with an advantageous lock-off button. This is in place in order to prevent accidental cuts that could be hazardous.
- Includes a shavings collection tray
- Comes with a quick release vise
- Boasts a D-shape handle
- Socket wrench included
- Can use up to a 12-inch long lasting carbide blade (included)
- 45-degree bevel cut capability
- Not suitable for repeatable cuts
- Not very impressive cutting performance on hard metals