The Makita XPK01Z takes the first spot in my enumeration of the best electric hand planers. This tool combines the speed of a corded electric planer with the convenience of a cordless one.
This implies that you receive an efficient and fast working cordless hand planer that planes lumber like a dream. This product model is also one of the 18V series offered by the reputed manufacturer of power tools. And that’s none other than Makita.
This hard to beat product is powered by the 18V Lithium-Ion battery. This is, in fact, an added advantage. Makita’s Lithium-Ion battery charges pretty quickly and lasts longer while working on your projects.
Pros and cons of Makita XPK01Z
- Its cordless and powerful at the same time
- Does not leave any dust hence it keeps your work area clean
- All power tools from Makita are exceptionally quiet. The Makita XPK01 is no exception.
- The cutting blades cut very smoothly
- If you have experience, this product can resize a window or door within minutes
- Convenient because it is not corded
- You will need to purchase the 18V Lithium-Ion battery and its charger separately
- Slightly expensive than most hand planers in the marketplace