Also on my list is this high-end product from Porter Cable. If you are looking for a benchtop planer that will not break the bank, then you should check out this masterpiece. While the name Porter Cable is not famous in the woodworking industry, I guarantee you will love the results this appliance delivers.
For starters, it boasts a variable speed that allows you to decide how quickly you would like to work. If you wish, you could start out at 5,000 RPM and slowly increase the speed up to the maximum 8,000 RPM.
The planer is guaranteed to leave a consistent and smooth finish across your lumber’s entire length. It also includes a dust collection system to help you keep your workstation clean at all times. Lastly, Porter Cable PC305TP also retails with two knives in its cutting area. You can easily remove them for replacements or adjustments.
Pros and cons of Porter Cable PC305TP
- Comes with a powerful 15 amp motor
- Made of high carbon steel
- Retails with two knives that are easy to change and adjust
- Delivers smooth-surfaced lumber
- No cutter head lock which could slightly alter the set thickness
- Needs regular maintenance