This Shop Fox W1829 jointer comes from one of the most renowned Woodstock International product lines. Backed up by two decades of experience and a proven customer service record, it’s quite easy to tell where this top-notch jointer draws its mesmeric features from.
In fact, Shop Fox W1829 falls in the more affordable range of jointers that offer users sufficient power. Under its hood, this stroke of genius houses a 1.5 horsepower motor that makes it the ideal tool for your workshop as well as home applications.
The motor also powers a two-knife cutter head operating at a max speed of 10,000 revolutions per minute. This is the approximate going rate for most benchtop jointers in the marketplace.
That said, the power on this product is non-adjustable, but it’ll provide you with a performance speed of approx. 20,000 cuts per minute. Utilize the unit’s infeed table knob to tune the jointer’s cutting depth.
Pros and cons of Shop Fox W1829
- Includes a knob to tweak the cutting depth
- Provides decent value at an affordable price
- Boasts a durable cast iron build
- Comes with a powerful 1.5 Horsepower motor
- Features misaligned tables
- Lacks appropriate documentation
- The piece gets chipped on occasion